Wednesday 21 July 2010

Textured Mini Canvas

This is a little 4' x 4' flat canvas for another recent swap.  The swap theme was texture.  I have used impasto and lace together underneath, then gessoed both.  I then layered some ochre coloured paints to help give depth in colour.  The main image is from a serviette with lots of doors glued on with modge podge and worked into the texture.  I love the colours, the rustic Tuscany look of these.  I then angel mist sprayed to re-wet and make sure the serviettes contoured to the texture.   I then stamped the sentiment on a scrap part of the serviettes.  This was then mounted on a bit of rectangle chipboard.  Both the canvas and sentiment edges were then sanded and inked with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Frayed Burlap.  A painted "Collections" bracket, a photo turn and high mounting the sentiment and it's done.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

This canvas is lovely - found your blog link through StampHappy!